Stocks - Amazon, Boeing Fall Premarket; Kimberly Clark Rises
22 April 2019, 16: 48
Stocks in focus in premarket trading on Monday:
• Boeing (NYSE:) stock was down 1.3% by 8:15 AM ET (12:15 GMT) after a New York Times report found that workers are concerned about shoddy practices at its South Carolina plant. The airline company said on its website that the report is inaccurate.
• Tesla (NASDAQ:) stock fell 1.8% as the luxury car maker investigates a video of a parked Model S exploding in Shanghai.
• Kimberly-Clark (NYSE:) stock surged 3.9% after its earnings report came in much better than expected, with earnings per share of $1.66 on $4.63 billion of revenue.
• Halliburton (NYSE:) stock jumped 3.4% as its earnings for the first quarter were in line with forecasts, and its CEO Jeff Miller said it believed the worst pricing declines are over.
• Amazon (NASDAQ:) stock inched down 0.3% after it confirmed it is launching an ad-supported free version of its Amazon Music service, which would rival Spotify (NYSE:).
• Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:) stock was up 3.4% after it appointed five new members to its board, as its co-founders stepped down amid pressure from activist investors.